There are plenty of differing opinions on the right and wrong ways to write effective affirmations, but the bottom line is that an affirmation can be considered effective if it works for YOU! The whole point of affirmations is to shift your thoughts and emotions to a more positive place so you feel more confident, happy, secure, abundant, or anything else you're trying to accomplish. Frankly, the same skill set that creates negative, faithless thinking is the same skill set used to create affirmations. If you have been talented in being your "own worst enemy" then you can also be a very good friend to yourself.
Stay tuned for the sample affirmations that are coming through this blog. Feel free to use them if they resonate with you. If not, try altering them slightly until they trigger the mind-set and emotional state you're trying to attain. (More FREE Tools)
Affirmations for Healthy Weight and Body Image (1-10):
- Today I love my body fully, deeply and joyfully.
- My body has its own wisdom given by God and I trust that wisdom completely.
- My body is simply a projection of my beliefs about myself.
- I am growing more beautiful day by day.
- I choose to see the divine perfection in every cell of my body.
- As I love myself, I allow others to love me too.
- Flaws are transformed by love and acceptance.
- Today I choose to honor my beauty, my strength and my uniqueness.
- I love the way I feel when I take good care of myself.
- Today my own well-being is my top priority.