Portia described her decision, "I reached out to Kevin McDaniel (WindRiver Strategies) for coaching services during the creation and development of my business primarily because he is obviously passionate about helping people achieve their dreams. He also lives what he preaches, daily striving towards his own goals and dreams. Kevin and I worked together during a leadership seminar in 2008 designed to increase our self-awareness and demonstrate how we show up in the world. He was compassionate, supportive and unruffled by the unusual restrictions placed on our communication during the assignment. This experience combined with Kevin's firsthand expertise in sales, entrepreneurial endeavours and working with people made him the obvious “go to guy” for advice, support and coaching as I start my own business. I am excited to be working with Kevin again in this capacity, he makes the coaching process fun and it will no doubt have a very positive impact on my business and my life."
"Our desire is to provide impeccable customer service, environmentally responsible and ethical business practices, innovation in exercise programming and personal growth opportunities while increasing awareness about healthy living and the benefits of a balanced and sustainable lifestyle" said Albrecht.
Services will include:
- The Equilibre Health & Wellness Centre will provide safe, effective and fun group classes including yoga, meditation, Pilates, ZumbaTM fitness, interval training, Boot Camp and group exercise for seniors.
- We will offer private and small group training, wellness coaching and an area with energy generating cardio equipment and free weights made from recycled materials.
- We will engage in community outreach by providing free exercise programs at local schools and scholarships for instructor training courses for eligible high school students. Alliances have been established with Pathways to Education and the Toronto Kiwanis Boys & Girls Club.
- We will provide reduced rates, 60 day guided exercise program for individuals referred by their family physician and reduced rate memberships for seniors on a fixed income.
- We will host low cost informational sessions on stress reduction,nutrition, weight loss and other health related topics for the community.
- We will minimize the environmental impact of our facility by incorporating reclaimed and sustainable construction materials, low flow faucets and dual flush toilets, energy efficient appliances, systems and lighting, energy generating stationary bicycles, ellipticals and treadmills to offset our energy usage.
- We will provide locally manufactured chemical free hair and skincare products and organic, fair-trade clothing for purchase. Our members will enjoy spacious change rooms equipped with showers, private change areas, hairdryers and many other amenities. Our green roof will provide a relaxing retreat, organic veggies for the juice bar and a place to hold outdoor yoga classes as weather permits.