I am going to repeat the introduction with each submission for those who join the series in midstream. Here we go...Most, not all, have a negative drift in how we approach life. That is, if left alone or to our own devices, we move towards seeing and feeling things negatively. Affirmations are intentional ways of intervening and retraining the mind. By deliberately re-framing a life situation to affirm the possibilities, we can change our mood, our thoughts, our behavior and even our beliefs. Change your beliefs about a given life circumstance and you change your life. As a Life Coach, I am constantly helping people see their negative beliefs as "make believe". There are so many great, positive, faith filled and healthy possibilities in every challenging life situation. Choose one of those to believe and act.
Affirmations are great tools that can help you overcome fear, build your confidence, develop an abundance mind-set (John 10:10) and more. The problem is that many people aren't sure exactly how to write effective affirmations. Do they always have to be in present tense? Can they contain "negative" words like can't, won't, not, and so on?
There are plenty of differing opinions on the right and wrong ways to write effective affirmations, but the bottom line is that an affirmation can be considered effective if it works for YOU! The whole point of affirmations is to shift your thoughts and emotions to a more positive place so you feel more confident, happy, secure, abundant, or anything else you're trying to accomplish. Frankly, the same skill set that creates negative, faithless thinking is the same skill set used to create affirmations. If you have been talented in being your "own worst enemy" then you can also be a very good friend to yourself.
Stay tuned for the sample affirmations that are coming through this blog. Feel free to use them if they resonate with you. If not, try altering them slightly until they trigger the mind-set and emotional state you're trying to attain. (More FREE Tools)
Affirmations for Abundance and Prosperity:
- I open to the flow of great abundance in all areas of my life.
- I always have more than enough of everything I need.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!
- Today I expand my awareness of the abundance all around me.
- I allow the universe to bless me in surprising and joyful ways.
- My grateful heart is a magnet that attracts more of everything I desire.
- Prosperity surrounds me, prosperity fills me, prosperity flows to me and through me.
- I exude passion, purpose and prosperity.
- I am always led to the people who need what I have to offer.
- As my commitment to help others grows, so does my wealth.
- My day is filled with limitless potential in joy, abundance and love.